STEPS is a not for profit community service, auspice of BMOW.
To be eligible for STEPS, pet owners must be identified as part of the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) target group. Target group includes:
Persons living in the community who, in the absence of basic maintenance and support services provided or to be provided within scope of the program, are at risk of premature or inappropriate long term residential care, including:
- Older and frail persons with moderate, severe or profound disabilities.
- Younger persons with moderate or profound disabilities.
- The unpaid carers of those persons.
Pet owners must undergo an initial assessment; provide alternative contact details and enter into a service agreement before a pet may be accepted into care by STEPS volunteers.
Service delivery is subject to:
- Being a current client of Bathurst Meals on Wheels
- Meeting specific criteria
- Entering into a service agreement
- Living in the Bathurst City Precinct
For more information please call 6331 8231.
Download the STEPS Brochure